- Shall the laundry symbols which are applied by the manufacturer be missing or be incorrect about the cleaning method according to GOST R ISO 3758-2007, the dry cleaner shall not be liable for the quality of cleaning and the condition of the item submitted for dry cleaning. In this case liability for possible negative effects of dry cleaning on such items shall rest with the seller or the producer, at the customer’s option (Art. 1095, 1096 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation). Dry cleaning shall be performed according to GOST R 51 108-9016, ‘Guide for Dry Cleaning and Garment Dyeing Personnel’, ‘Item Handling Process Requirements at Dry Cleaners’. According to international norms, each item should be identified with the following information provided by the manufacturer:
a) Manufacturer’s trade mark and the barcode of the country of manufacture;
b) Fiber type (class), its percentage, outer material, trimming (leather, fur, etc.);
c) Fur stamp;
d) Laundry symbols specifying methods for dry cleaning, washing, bleaching, ironing and pressing, drying, or information written in a European language for each type of fabric used in the manufacture of the item.
- Shall the wear and tear exceed 60%, the company shall not be liable for possible mechanical damage to the item during treatment.
- The dry cleaner shall not be liable for trims which cannot be removed.
- The person receiving the item for dry cleaning shall inform the customer of all possible negative effects if the order is executed handling the customer’s special requests.
- The most common defects which cannot be removed include old stains from hair dye, eyebrow dye, mold, silicate glue, insecticidal products, drug products, vegetable oils, perfume, ink, mascara, color bleeding stains, yellow stains and other color changes due to prolonged exposure to sweat, chemical substances, atmospheric factors, unqualified attempts to remove stains at home, wear and pilling, gloss, bagging where it is stretched most.
- The most common hidden defects which cannot be removed (may appear during manufacture) include:
a) Iron marks (due to improper ironing at home or during tailoring);
b) Moth damage (destruction of fibers damaged by moth);
c) Uneven fabric colors due to the exposure to sunlight, high temperatures, weather, as well as due to improper treatment at home. Faded stains from bleach, sweat, acids, alkaline, etc.;
d) Faded areas caused by wear;
e) Unwanted gloss on wool items;
f) Damaged insulation integrity and maldistribution;
g) Yellow lines and holes on sheer and lace curtains;
h) Lines and color bleeding stains on down/feather items due to manufacturing issues;
i) Unhardening – hollow cavities inside and wrinkles on blazers, raincoats, coats;
j) Tear due to manufacturing issues;
k) Water and mold destroy carpets so tears can occur during treatment.
- Faux leather items which have been used for more than 6 months (according to the standards) are subject to the following ‘aging’ factors: loss of elasticity, gloss, cracks, off-white spots, suede-like areas, increased hardness. Treatment of such items can worsen the existing defects and there is a chance of the upper layer completely coming off the bottom layer.
- Items consisting of polyurethane (PU) or polyvinylchloride (PVC) or resin are accepted for dry cleaning only with the customer’s consent and guarantee that no complaints will be filed regarding the quality of cleaning and the condition of the item, because after treatment such items tend to shrink, get harder, more fragile, and corrugated.
- Shall any garments be tailored using low-quality materials or materials which have lost their mechanical properties during use, the dry cleaner shall not be liable for any gaping.
- Acceptable shrinkage: 1% for garments; 2% for knitted clothes; 3% for carpet products.
- Acceptable grey discoloration (resorption): 5% for white items; 10% for grey items; 15% for black items.
- By putting your signature at the bottom of the receipt contract, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms of the present agreement, guidelines for sending items to the dry cleaner, identification of defects of your items and their evaluation, information about defects which cannot be removed, possibility of hidden defects (which appear after dry cleaning) in case of manufacturing issues or inaccurate item care information or absence of such, as well as the terms of executing the present agreement for dry cleaning of items specified in the Information for Customers section.
- Secure storage is 10 days. A daily fee of 0.5% of the service price applies for storage for more than 10 days.